Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom carriers, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive ICT solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Huawei’s vision is to enrich life through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the ICT sector, we help bridge the digital divide by providing opportunities to enjoy broadband services, regardless of geographic location. Contributing to the sustainable development of society, the economy, and the environment, Huawei creates green solutions that enable customers to reduce power consumption, carbon emissions, and resource costs.
Huawei Device believes that everyone can be the center of information and that the world would be a better place if access and information barriers were knocked down. Its strong suite of mobile phones, mobile broadband devices and home devices is testimony to Huawei Device’s focus on customers and its commitment to providing user-friendly mobile internet experiences through ongoing innovation. Based on more than two decades of success in the information and communications industry, and with our own channel expertise, operational capabilities and global partner resources, Huawei Device is transforming from a company that sells millions of devices in single transactions to large businesses, to a "Business-to-Customer (B2C) brand that also sells individual devices directly to millions of people. As at the end of 2011, Huawei Device serves more than 500 operators all over the world.
- June 2012: More than one million C8812 smartphones were sold in China within the first 60 days of availability.
- April 2012: Huawei first commercial launch its flagship smartphone Ascend P1 in Beijing
- February 2012: Huawei announces the world fastest Quad-Core smartphone Ascend D quad and the World’s First 10-inch Quad-Core Tablet MediaPad 10FHD
- January 2012: Huawei announces the world slimest smartphone Ascend P1 S at CES
- June 2011: Huawei announces MediaPad at CommunicAsia, which is the world first pad powered by Android 3.2（Honeycomb）
- August 2011: Huawei announces its cloud service platform and the first cloud phone Vision in Beijing
- July 2011: Huawei sponsors the super cup with its cloud phone
- March 2011: More than one million C8500 smartphones were sold in China within the first 100 days of availability.
- September 2010: Huawei announces IDEOS, the world’s first affordable smartphone with Google, at the Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin (IFA) in Germany.
- August 2010: Huawei’s shipments pass 100 million mobile broadband devices and it has nearly 50% of the global market share. At this point, Huawei has been the leader in market share in the industry for 3 years.February 2009: Huawei demonstrates its first Android smartphone at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Spain and announces its cooperation with T-mobile for promotion of the phone.
- November 2008: Huawei’s E180 wins the Asia Mobile Award for Best Mobile Broadband Device.
- March 2007: Huawei’s E270 wins the Reddot Design Award and the E172 wins the iF Product Design Award.
- June 2006: Huawei holds a new product introduction to officially launch the E220, the smallest and fastest HSDPA USB Modem.
- June 2005: U626 – Huawei’s first 3G handset – is granted the Best 3G Handset Award by the Charlton Media Group.
- February 2004: Huawei displays the first Chinese-made WCDMA phone at the 3GSM World Congress in Cannes, France, demonstrating a variety of services. .
- July 2003: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. handset business unit is established.